The spiced eggless fruit cake is filled with the goodness and deliciousness of nuts, dried fruits, and warm spices. Grab a cup of coffee and then enjoy a slice of this cake. You are going to love this delicious cake, for sure. Also, the recipe to bake this cake is super easy, and you can prepare it at home without any hassles. So, let’s get started with the ingredients and the recipe to bake a yummy and perfect eggless fruit cake.
Cake recipe-Dried Fruits and Nuts
- 10 dried apricots chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped cherries
- ¼ cup tutti frutti
- 10 dates chopped
- ½ cup mixed dried fruits like peaches plums, apples
- ¼ cup raisins I used a mix of golden and black
- ½ cup mix nuts like almonds cashews
- 1 ½ cups apple juice or rum or orange juice
Cake recipe-Dry Cake Ingredients
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 288 grams
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch 48 grams
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
Cake recipe-Wet Cake Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup milk 12 oz
- ¾ cup canola oil 180 ml, or use vegetable oil or any flavourless oil
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar 256 grams
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract or use 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract or use 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
Recipe / Instructions
- Throw together all the dried fruits and nuts in a big bowl. Include apple juice, blend well and refrigerate for the night.
- Next morning, the fruits and nuts would have soaked some apple juice. Pour the juice and put the dried fruits and nuts aside and begin the preparation of the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 9*2 inch cake container with parchment paper and afterwards grease it and keep it aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder.
- Include the spices – allspice powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, and nutmeg powder. Blend to join all the flavours with the flour.
- Filter the flour once so that everything is well mixed and joined.
- In a bowl combine 1 ½ cups milk with 1 ½ tbsp white vinegar and keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes. The milk will turn sour, and that is the thing that we need before starting the baking.
- Utilizing your hand blender, beat the oil with sugar on medium speed till all combined well.
- Include vanilla extract, orange extract, and lemons extract and whisk to mix.
- Add honey (if available) and blend to combine.
- Strat combining the flour blend and milk-vinegar blend in parts beginning and ending with the flour blend. So include the flour blend in three sections and the milk-vinegar blend in 2, mixing well after every addition.
- Mix properly till everything is well joined and make sure not to over-mix the blend.
- Fold in the soaked nuts and dry fruits.
- Empty the cake batter into the baking containers earlier prepared. Bake, the cake at 180 degrees C for around an hour, or till a toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out clean. While halfway into baking, you can cover the cake with an aluminium sheet to avoid over-browning.
- When done, delicately remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes and afterwards flip the cake on a wire rack.
- Remove the parchment paper and let the cake chill off totally.
- Dust the delicious eggless fruit cake with powdered sugar and serve!
So, that was the super easy eggless fruit cake recipe. If that’s too much for you, then order the best cake in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Indore, Chandigarh, Pune, Gurgaon, or in any other city. Enjoy the delicious cake. Happy eating! Happy baking!