Kubernetes certification is a portable and open-source cloud platform. It supports declarative deployment and automation for managing containerized user workloads and applications.
It has a vast ecosystem that proliferates. Initially developed by Google in 2014, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) now maintains it.
What exactly is Kubernetes?
With containers, it is easy to ramp up application instances to suit demand spikes rapidly. Kubernetes allows users to run cloud-based applications everywhere, managing them as required. Dashboard Kubernetes offers a platform for the automation of application container deployment, scaling, and handling across host clusters.
Benefits of Kubernetes
Kubernetes has many advantages. It enables easy management of containers. It allows the lateral auto-scaling of pods (single or multiple of containers on the same host).
The fundamental business capabilities that Kubernetes can drive in the organization are:
- Portability and flexibility: Kubernetes works with almost any container runtime. It helps to improve productivity and also helps to make your application run even stable.
- Multi-cloud capability: These features mean that Kubernetes lends itself well to the multi-cloud strategies that many businesses are pursuing.
- Increased developer productivity: Kubernetes has fundamentally changed integration methodologies and allows teams to utilize GitOps with its declarative constructs and friendly approach.
- Open Source: Kubernetes is a community-led, completely open-source CNCF controlled project. It has a few major corporate sponsors, but no one “owns” the framework or voluntarily controls it.
- Lower costs: Kubernetes is making container-based architecture workable over a wide range of business apps. It means that you can pack apps with a minimum order to enhance your investment in cloud and hardware.
- Market leader: The adoption of Kubernetes within company IT environments is growing and not just a commercial product for programmers.
Importance of Kubernetes Certification
Why bother to take a certification test for Kubernetes?
You’re right if it looks like much work. But for many people, this hard work is worth it. K8 certification engineers reap a host of advantages.
Kubernetes certified engineers have several tangible benefits are:-
- Stand apart from the competition: Your resume looks good and varies from the competition by a Kubernetes certification. As companies increasingly rely on Kubernetes, your expertise is an immediate asset.
- Earn high salary: It is not an easy task to get Kubernetes certification. Companies looking for k8 engineers are ready to pay much more because they have experience and understand the platform with this certification.
- Gain personal rewards: It’s an own reward by clearing these examinations. You have sacrificed free time and fun to study and prepare, and it is worth it.
- Become an expert in Kubernetes: After the exam, all the Kubernetes concepts become simple and almost secondary. The joy of learning is worthwhile and unpriced after the distress you may feel as a K8’s novice.
- Diversify and broaden your skillset: With the architecture of Kubernetes based on 12-factor app principles, you have a strong basis in the 12-factor application principles, which supports a wide range of Software as a Service (SaaS) applications by becoming Kubernetes certified.
Certification programs to start your career:
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA): CNCF, in collaboration with the Linux Foundation, created the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) program to help grow the Kubernetes’ ecosystem. The CKA certification enables applicants to acquire the skills, knowledge needed to fulfill a Kubernetes Administrator’s responsibilities and to receive the certification.
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD): The CKAD certification supports the growth of application developers in Kubernetes. The CKAD certification evaluates candidate’s skills in core concepts, configuration, multi-container pods, observability, pod design, state persistence, and services & networking.
- Software Conformance (Certified Kubernetes): Many of the leading suppliers of cloud computing and Software vendors offer certified Kubernetes. Any enterprise offering Kubernetes-based Software must get for Software Conformance (Certified Kubernetes). The benefits include consistency when interacting with any installation of Kubernetes, timely updates on yearly-basis or more frequently, and conformability for ensuring the distribution or platform remains conformant.
- Kubernetes Certified Service Provider: The KCSP platform seeks to assure that businesses get resources to develop new applications more rapidly and effectively than historically by being confident of a consistent and competent partner to meet their production and operating needs.
What are the career opportunities in Kubernetes?
- DevOps Engineer: The average salary for the DevOps engineer is a juicy 100.000 US dollars annually, according to GlassDoor.
- Cloud Engineer: SolarWinds reports, more than half of technology workers agreed that cloud and hybrid information technology is a crucial IT strategy today as almost all organizations work in cloud computing. The salary range is from Rs. 3 Lac to Rs. 25 Lac per annum in India.
- Systems Engineer: Systems engineer is multidisciplinary or cross-disciplinary, intending to manage engineering effort complexity. They earn an average of 6.4 percent more than the national average Rs. 68,00,000/- ($19,000) PA.
- Site Reliability Engineer: It is a discipline that incorporates and applies to the infrastructure and operational problems of software engineering aspects. The salary is almost Rs. 12,000 PA.
- Sr. Java Architect: The Senior Java Architect designs and integrates large-scale business systems. Sr. Java’s salary is between Rs. 14 Lakh and 27 Lakh PA in India.
- Sr. Python Developer: A web developer from Python is responsible for writing web app logic on the client-side. Web developers from Python generally develop back-end modules. The average annual salary rises to Rs. 10,00,000/- PA for senior Python web developers.
- Software Escalation Engineer: Software Escalation Engineers answer and analyze complex technical and functional requests that are not routinely carried out, and require differences from standard procedures. The average annual salary increases from Rs. 18,00,000/- to Rs. 20,00,000/- PA for Software Escalation Engineer.
Kubernetes is becoming the preferred platform, a desirable cloud operating system. While Kubernetes becomes rapidly adopted and prevalent, every major cloud provider now provides its own native Kubernetes resources and Kubernetes-based services. Certifications complement each other and which one to take will rely on your role, and how you’re using Kubernetes. Kubernetes certification is undoubtedly challenging and worthwhile if you are looking to prove your knowledge about Kubernetes.