Whether you want to shift from iPhone to android or the other way around, you are going to need to transfer all your data from your previous device to the new one.
And when it comes to transferring data between iOS and Android devices, the process is not as simple and easy as you’d think.
In fact, most people often find it hard to make the transfer because the process is not straightforward at all.
If you are looking for the answers to how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, or the rest of your phone data from one device to another, then you are at the right place.
This article is an attempt to make the data transfer between iOS and Android devices as simple and easy for you as possible.
We are going to share with you the 3 easiest ways to transfer data between these different devices.
At the end of the article, we are going to give you the best method that makes the data transfer even easier for you.
So, keep reading till the end to learn about the best ways to transfer data between iOS and Android devices.
3 Simple Ways to Transfer Data Between iOS and Android Devices
- Transfer Data via Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage service by Google that enables you to share files across different devices in an easy and effective way.
This app is quite great when it comes to accessing your data across multiple devices have different operating systems. And the best part is, you get to access it using your Gmail account. You don’t need to go through any kind of email creation process to get access to this app.
Also, you get 15GB of free cloud storage space. You can increase it by choosing a paid plan. You can use Google Drive to transfer data from Android to Android as well as iOS devices. This method works to move contacts from iPhone to Android as well.
Here is how this method works
- Install the Google Drive app on your iOS and Android devices
- Sign in to both devices using the same Google Account
Now, if you want to transfer data from iOS to android, this is what you will do
- Open App (Google Drive) on your iOS device
- Upload the files you want to share to the cloud storage of Google Drive
- Once the upload is completed, open the Google Drive app on your Android device
- The apps will appear on your Android. From there, you can download the app to access them on your android device.
- Transfer Data Manually
If you don’t want to rely on the internet to transfer data and you are looking for an offline method to transfer data to a new phone, then you can use the following manual data transfer method.
Here is how the manual data transfer method works
- Startup your PC and connect your iOS and Android devices to it using the USB cables
- Navigate to the File Explorer on your PC
- Both the devices should show up there
- Open the storage for both these devices in separate windows
- Select the files you want to transfer and drag and drop them to your target storage
If you want to know how to transfer data from Android to Android, manual data transfer works for that as well.
- Share Files Via Email
This method is only recommended for you if you want to transfer files and documents that have a small size. You can’t send large media files this way because it is going to take a lot of time.
If you have some really important files and you want them to be backed up on a safe cloud storage space, then sending them via email would be an easy thing to do. This process is quite simple as well.
Here is how you can share files via Email
- You are going to need two Email accounts for this method
- Open one account on an iOS device and the other one on the Android device
- Compose an Email on the sending device and then add the email address of the receiving device
- Send the email and get access to the files on the other device’s inbox
Again, this method is only recommended for sharing files of small size. If you want to transfer files with a larger size, you should try out other methods that we have talked about in this article.
Dr. Fone – Phone Transfer [Best Alternative to Transfer Data Between iOS & Android]
Dr. Fone is the best alternative for transferring data between iOS and Android devices. This app is quite good when it comes to doing data transfer. It is a complete solution that enables you to transfer all your data from the older device to the newer one in just a few clicks.
This app has a friendly and engaging UI design with a remarkable data transfer speed. It doesn’t matter what OS version you have for iOS and Android phones; you can transfer the data between these devices without any kind of problems.
This app supports data transfer between iOS to iOS, iOS to Android, Android to iOS, and Android to Android. This is what makes this app stand out from all the other data transfer apps on the internet.
- 1-Click Data Transfer
- Data Transfer at incredibly high speed
- Supports transfer for the latest iOS and Android OS
- Transfer music, videos, photos, contacts, SMS, etc.
- Secure & Reliable
This is it! These are the best ways you can use to transfer data between iOS and Android devices. We recommend going with the data transfer via Dr. Fone app because it is a much easier and hassle-free process.
Go over all the methods that we have talked about here and if you have questions, feel free to reach out to us. We’d be happy to help you out with your data transfer queries between iOS and Android devices.