As the country has opened back up and cases are spiking in many states, President Trump and the CDC strongly recommend that everyone wear a face mask n95 when they leave their home.
Some cities and states are now mandating that you must wear a mask – even in your own backyard!
But, tying a bandana around your face or using a cheap surgical mask a) doesn’t work that well b) is hot and uncomfortable.
Plus, most made-at-home masks have significant “leakage” around the nose and under the mouth.
Luckily, there are secured 95% filtering, comfortable masks.
As we navigate these uncertain times, there is a lot of confusing information out there.
Table of Contents
Many things are changing by the minute:
- Statistics and predictions that leave us reeling
- A science that is constantly evolving
- Recommendations for public health can be inconsistent
- A steady stream of “fake news” flooding in
- All we can do is do our best to look after ourselves and others, and that’s why I’ve been trying to share what helpful information I can from a trustworthy, science-based, natural health perspective.
One of the most confusing pieces of advice lately has been around n95 mask-wearing.
Does it work? Should mask-wearing be mandatory?
According to my professional perspective, here is what you really need to know about wearing a face n95 mask today (and why the truth might surprise you).
The best basic measure is still to keep up with regular, thorough hand-washing with warm water and soap.
But there is one important step most Americans ignore, and this can go a long way toward keeping your body safe.
Is your hand-washing technique leaving you vulnerable to illness or worse?
I think you’ll wonder why you didn’t start doing this weeks ago…
5 MAIN RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE PUBLIC
- Stay at home in your “safe zone”.
- Avoid public transportation. Walk, use your car.
- Avoid closed spaces with A/C.
- Avoid contact with people without face masks.
- Sanitize hands after touching anything outside of the safe zone.
Things You Should be Aware of:
- People without face masks are a risk for you and for your close ones.
- Droplets can spread up to 7 meters.
- Expect that everything outside of safe zone is contaminated. Don’t touch your eyes.
- On metals and plastics, the virus can persist for days. Disinfect your cell phone.
- You can create your own disinfection, ideally 60%-70% alcohol.
- Always wear a face mask outside (even homemade)
- A used face mask should be treated as contaminated. Disinfect or boil it.
- Slower breath increases the efficiency of any face mask.
- Protect your eyes with any glasses
- Protecting your eyes is as essential as the protection of your breath.
It’s time to take more care about yourself and family! <<<
About Reusable Face Masks:
- Reusable polyester face masks with ear loops for lasting comfort
- Eco-Friendly safety dust mask for both women and men.
- Anti-Droplet, reusable and washable up to 30 times.
- One size fit most, easy on and off, easy carrying.
- Perfect mask when travelling through congested airports, bus terminals, malls, parks and busy city streets.